Tuesday, August 26, 2008

TORTURE in the name of BEAUTY

heheh.
went for a "trial session" at London Weight Management yesterday after wrk.... my colleague Shamini convinced me to tag along with her....

And since the so called 1st time trial session costed $10, i thought there was no harm in going....

The place was in Bugis BHG (why the hell do they hv a slimming centre inside a clothes department store).

I thought at first that I would be paying $10 for just a consultancy.... where the person will advice Shamini and I abt our weight management and then discuss with Shamini what kind of slimming packages she can buy.

Turned out the consultancy part wasn't even half of it. They gave a free trial of their "Lavender Scrub" which, the consultant said, was for kg loss.

Firstly, we were brought to a room and told to take off ALL our clothes (yikes, not what i expected) and put on a pair of paper underwear and a robe

Then we were brought to take our weight (mine was 64kg... yay for losing arnd 4kg since the last time i weighed).

The skinny flat-chested china girl said: ur ideal weight is 48.6kg ...

Pui Pui!!!
Like real sia.... a 1.62m tall girl weighing 48.6kg? Not if she WANTS to hv boobs and an ass!!!
Does she take me for an idiot? I know my BMI and my ideal weight is somewhere around 52kg~~

If i weigh 48.6kg... I'd probably become an A-cup... and my hip bones would be sticking out in sharp angles (gee, thx alot for the big bones, mum)

Just trust it to the money-eating ppl to tell u how much u shld weigh....

Anyways, she then brought us to a steam bath... where we had to sit inside for 5-15 min to "open up our pores" so that the scrub would be effective.

Felt like a chinese dim-sum in a steaming basket... shrimp dumpling... siew mai... lor mai kai... xiao-long-bao.... steamed-egg... LOLS. (Shamini: gee thx, jac. now i feel like an egg.)

After the steam bath we were brought into a room individually and told to take off our robes (small towel covering only!!! AAAAARGH)
then the poor consultant came to measure me... lets just say that when i warned her i was ticklish it was an understatement.... she even complained to Shamini after measuring me that i was VERY VERY JUMPY

Next came the scrub.... naturally i nearly shrieked when the girl tried to rub me >_<>

My ass started feeling the burning... then after that my whole body was so hot that i started to sweat.... according to the girl, the fat was being broken down into water and then it would start being sweated out.....

I literally felt the sweat dripping off my body in tiny rivulets.... horror of horrors.... so that's what its like being baked slowly but surely.

Just as I was sure I was gonna die, the girl came in and "unwrapped" me....

After sitting there for 5 minutes, was finally ushered into the bath to wash off the scrub... which was so itchy i rinsed with soap 3 times...

Then we were served a disgusting protein shake which the girl insisted i had to finish... and it gave me a stomachache after that.

The girl gave Shamini a summary of the packages they had... which were EXPENSIVE. for 5 of their (torturing) steam bath, lavender scrub and whatever-wrap, they charge like... $1.5k...

Thankfully the consultant didn't waste time trying to preach her slaes routine to me... I guess she realised that i would much rather run 20 miles a wk than go let ppl rub me while i'm 90% naked.... LOLs...

and she probably didnt want to touch me again after all my touchiness either.

How the hell could women bear spending $1500 for 5 sessions of weekly torturing (steaming, wrapping, baking, getting measured, drinking disgusting sloshy protein shake) instead of exercising? I will NEVER figure it out.

No comments: