Saturday, July 12, 2008

kinda miss singing

Went KTV PartyWorld with Sea-shell n Mr.K on Wed evening... with 3 ppl finally the 3 of us had our share of singing time... haha! gd to sing without other ppl suddenly snatching up the mic and defacing ur fav song suddenly...

Went crazy on F.I.R songs... (just about the only chinese band i really like) am glad to say i didn't totally destroy the wonderful female lead's singing... couldn't hit some of the crazy whistle-register notes.. but at least i didn't shriek and fail loudly in the mic... sang abt 5 or 6 of F.I.R songs at one go... those high-pitch songs can really take the mickey out of anyone >_<

Most importantly, it made me miss my a-cappella singing back in poly... even though not all the songs were wonderful (Christmas carolling = 5 mths of crooning Santa Clause is coming to town). Had alot of fun and performances... even though we didn't earn much.

Recalled the time we had an acappella performance in a wedding church.... This crazy ang-moh couple wanted a simple wedding at a tiny tiny church... we all had only 3 wks to prepare the song to sing... sang Truly,Madly,Deeply gospel style sia. The whole thing was fun and even though we screwed up the song (thx Ronny) the couple were so happy they gave us an extra $300 angbao (which was divided amongst 20 ppl and disappeared into a tiny tiny amount).

Most of all the singing i miss... other than those crazy bunch of pals; PK n Rafie the jokers, Cindy n Beverly the ti-ko-girls(my mum was the one who nicknamed them), and the others.

Maybe shld sing more often... realised that my singing range has really gone down the drain... Angie'd kill me if she heard my singing now... notes that were much easier are now so much harder to hit... my medium range suffered the most... sigh... can't believe i actually thought of going professional. Mum would've probably murdered me if i ever suggested it anyway. Not easy to start an acappella group in Singapore too.

I'd need:
~to be able to read tadpoles (my piano experience is limited to playing Mary had a Little Lamb)
~a good vocal percussionist
~a good leader
~a good bass singer who has a proper sense of rhythm
~a good band name
~someone to sponsor and endorse us... and to sign us up as an official group under The Singapore Acappella Society

I'd probably end up becoming manager cum member... hv to organise everything... I'd die of exhaustion. Best keep singing as a hobby ^^ that way can enjoy and dun hv to meet nasty ppl

No comments: