Friday, July 18, 2008

Whole day out

Finally.... the good news.

Starting work next Monday, 21st July! Huzzah huzzah!!!

Woke up at 7.30am... been a long time since i did that.
Went for interview yesterday morning 10am at the MICA building... a much nicer and cosier looking workplace than all the other places I visited before. Naturally, being the office HQ for Singapore Arts Council, MOSAIC gallery, etc all the arts societies of Singapore, the place was more artfully designed than those dead looking company buildings that only sported grey, black, brown and white =.='''

The entrance still had the sign that said Hill Street Police Station, but i thought the old building suited my taste more... it made me feel less... out of place and younger... haha. Entering the place, i immediately saw a few art sculptures, and a filming crew shooting the statue. Their equipment were so much smaller and expensive looking than the kind that my school used to rent out to us for our projects.

Went to the 5th floor; the Ministry of Information, Communication and the Arts. Quite a mouthful, so it's shortened into MICA.

The interview room was a freaking huge conference room. The 2 women interviewing me immed. said: dun b intimidated... haha. Gave me the feeling that they weren't the zombie-type immediately. Wat a relief.

The interview went fine... then i recognised one of the women interviewing me. Should've known.

Saw her on TV b4. She told me she was ex-mediacorp. And she was gonna be my boss. Ah, well.

Could tell that they were the hyper type of ppl... yay. No zombies there.

So... passed the interview rather quickly. Must b bcoz I studied something similar to the company's job scope in poly. Who knew... poly experience actually came in useful... despite how lousy my sch was.

Then went to Causeway Point to watch Batman: The Dark Knight.
The movie was quite excellent.
But no comedy in there.
Was a little saddening too... The woman Bruce Wayne loved died.
The Joker and the Trickster appeared in the movie. Trickster died. Of course, Joker didn't, coz there'd be no arch-enemy if he did. But the actor who acted as the Joker is already dead... so...
From the way the movie ended, there's a possibility that there might not be another sequel made.
The coolest thing in the movie by far:


The humungous bat-bike. The bat-mobile broke down... then it ejected this bike... with 2 guns at the front... lol.

Then after the movie my bro and i went to the Recruit Agency at Raffles Place so that I could sign my final documents and get my time-sheet for the job. Went through a few final details...

  • $7/hr, 1.5x for OT hrs and Saturdays, 2x for Sundays and PH
  • Payroll processed by Recruit Express on the 15th and 30/31st mthly...
  • Certain rules...
  • Contract ends on 19th Dec, maybe then i can sign another contract or change to perm staff

Then miracles of miracles. My bro blanjah... We went to vivocity (coz we were bored and didn't know where else to go) Had a chocolate fondue at Haagen Daaz.. the price was staggering... considering the comparison with Andersens and Swensens... the bill came out as $51.60... But my brother has always been known to spend money on chocolates... so not such a huge surprise there, lol. My fav part of the fondue was the pieces of pound cake dipped in chocolate... Sigh... the rich taste of pound cake with chocolate was heaven.

Spotted a black bangle-watch with rhinestones. Something new on my wishlist.

No comments: